Coupon Industry Facts
- Manufacturers distributed a record number of coupons in 2010 … Over $485 billion dollars worth.
- 332 billion coupons were distributed across the United States in various forms.
- Consumers saved BIG , to the tune of $3.7 billion dollars at face value.
- 3.3 billion coupons were redeemed in 2010.
- The average face value of grocery product coupons was $1.24; an increase of 6.9% versus 2009.
- The average face value of HBC coupons was $1.94; an increase of 6.6% versus 2010.
- 33% of grocery coupons that required multiple purchase
- The average length of time before a coupon reaches expiration is 10.1 weeks
- Manufacturers reduced coupon expiration periods by 1.5 weeks in 2010
- The percentage of grocery coupons that expired in 8 weeks or less was 64.4%
Other interesting facts …
- Sunday FSI’s delivered 87% of all manufacturers coupons distributed in 2010
- Valassis reaches 70 million HH weekly
- Digital online coupons account for less than 1% of all coupons distributed, but its growth is staggering . . . +263% in 2010